Want to Actually Boost Your Relationship Enjoyment? 12 Underrated and Overlooked Ideas
Updated: Jan 24
It’s important for couples to do more together than just eat dinner and watch TV, especially in times like this. There’s a whole world of activities that are available for the two of you to enjoy together. The right hobby can be fun and deepen your relationship at the same time.
Couples that play together stay together!
Consider these options and then use these as a springboard to more ideas:
Games aren’t just for kids. Instead of sharing the couch and watching a movie,
sit face to face and play a game. You can even play a video game. Share a few laughs over a game and chat.
2. Book club for just the two of you. Choose a book that interests you both and read it. Read the first chapter or two and have a conversation about the book. It’s interesting how two people can interpret the same experience quite differently. Take turns choosing a book while keeping the other person’s tastes in mind.
3. Scavenger hunts. Companies like Let’s Roam provide fun indoor and outdoor scavenger hunts and other activities that are a great way to bond with your significant other.
4. Wine Tasting. Buy a respectable bottle of wine and share it. Analyze the taste together. A little wine never hurt anyone’s mood, either. This hobby dovetails nicely with a cooking hobby. 5. Exercise. Exercise doesn’t have to be boring. Find a physical activity that you both enjoy and do it together. Struggling and sweating together can strengthen your relationship. 6. Crossword puzzles. Not many people can complete a tough crossword puzzle alone, but it’s often doable with a partner. It’s a lot more fun, too. There are plenty of free puzzles online you can print out and work on together.
7. Cooking. A few people like to cook alone. Far more people like to cook with a partner. Pick a new dish that appeals to both of you and go shopping for supplies together. Divide up the cooking tasks and get busy. Cooking can also be a great time to do a little wine tasting, too.
8. Gardening. This can be an enjoyable and peaceful time to spend together. Plan out your garden, plant your seeds, and maintain your garden together. Harvest what you’ve planted and then cook a meal together.
9. Puzzles. When was the last time you did a jigsaw puzzle? Puzzles aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s a great bonding experience for those couples that enjoy them.
10. Dancing. Take a class together. Watch a YouTube video. Or just turn on some music. Dancing is fun, great exercise, and a wonderful experience to share. When was the last time you danced together? You both had a good time, didn’t you?
11. Hiking. There are lots of people that don’t like to exercise, but nearly everyone likes to hike. Spending a beautiful day together in nature can deepen any relationship. All you need is a decent pair of shoes.
12. Learning a language. Delving into a new culture and language is a great way to create a bond. Take a class online, then when you can, travel to a country where your newly learned language is the dominant one. Sharing your knowledge with the world will make for amazing memories you will cherish.
Instead of spending another night or weekend doing the same old routine, explore a hobby together. A shared hobby can bring a new level of closeness to your relationship. Shake things up in your relationship by finding and experiencing a hobby together. Don’t give up until you find one that you both enjoy. What hobbies do you share with your partner! Let is know below!