Wedding Expo Coming Up? Here are 9 Tips for Calmly Navigating It
Updated: Jan 14
When you first get engaged, it can feel like you have to go from zero to 100 in 2.3 seconds in your wedding planning. You get bombarded by well-meaning family and friends as to your plans and ideas for the big day. That's why wedding expos (aka Bridal Shows) are great! (Kind of.) All the wedding vendors you could ever want are under one roof. The exhibit floor will be bustling with activity and you might feel bombarded by all the cool booths and pumping music from the DJs. Don't feel swamped: following these 9 tips will boost your fun and reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed.
1. Create a unique wedding email address. Since you'll be sharing your email address quite a bit during a bridal expo, it's a good idea to set up a special email address just for wedding planning. Then, all quotes and correspondence will be stored in a location separate from both business and personal emails. You can use a digital business card like Popl to share your information with vendors instead of always writing it.
2. Wear the right shoes. It's easy to spend hours at a wedding expo, and most of the time will be on your feet. You really don't want to worry about sore soles while you're talking to vendors. You should also dress in a way that will make it simple for you to try on wedding attire just in case that is an option.
3. Establish your budget in advance. It's crucial to plan your spending before going to a bridal show. This will reduce your options and enable venues and vendors to provide you with an estimate based on your particular budget. But also be flexible - you may want to remove an element or bend on another purchase to get the venue or vendor of your dreams.
4. Take photos. At a bridal expo, there is a lot to see, and you never know when inspiration will strike. Keep your camera handy so you can quickly snap pictures of ideas you want to remember.
5. Have your calendar handy. During the event, many vendors will offer couples discounts if they schedule a consultation with them so have your calendar prepared.
6. Research vendors before you go. Check out the expo website and make a list of vendors that you're interested in (if available) . This will save you time at the event.
7. Be ready to part with cash. At a wedding show, there will always be discounts, and you never know when you might find a dress or suit that you adore, so be ready. You may fall in love with a vendor and need to put down a deposit right away to reserve them for your wedding date.
8. Bring your wedding colors. Bring some fabric swatches if you are certain of the colors you want to use for your wedding. Many of the merchants will be delighted to give suggestions and guidance based on your color scheme and thoughts.
9. Have patience. It's crucial to be patient and take the day gently because bridal exhibitions are busy. If you want to connect with them, wait until late in the expo or take their card to contact them later. You can also leave your card or use a digital card like Popl to share your information quickly. Keep in mind when browsing that most sellers will likely spend several minutes with each couple.
One of the few occasions, when you will find everything you require under one roof, is at bridal events, so make the most of this chance.
What excites/frightens you the most about an upcoming wedding expo? Let us know in the comments or DM us on IG!